Good morning, lovely bookworms! I’ve been nominated by the lovely Cosmic Explorer for the Sunshine Blogger Award. In her own words, this is an award given to those who are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers. I’m so grateful she chose me for this!
People nominated for this award have to answer the questions posed by the nominator. Let’s dive into them!
1. What is your idea of true love?
That’s a strong start right there! I’ll try to answer this as best I can.
For me, love is admiring and respecting someone; finding them funny, finding them fascinating, finding them irresistible. Wanting to give them everything you have and trusting that they’ll want the same for you. Being able to trust them in any situation, even when you would normally have doubts or fears. Helping them grow as a person, and in turn growing as a better person yourself because of their love.
True love is free and constructive. When you truly love someone, you’re both free to do whatever you want, but you choose to be together because that is what you want the most in life. You help each other make your dreams come true.
Gosh, that came out very fragmented and confusing. I hope I made my point!
2. What is easier? To love or to be loved?
To love is something that happens more often, since there are so many people who you will love that will not share your feelings. Being loved is more unique, and far more special.
3. Do you believe that we only have one life or do you believe in reincarnation?
I don’t really believe in reincarnation, and I have no idea how it would work if it did exist!
4. What do you think is the meaning of life?
- Get paid.
- Get laid.
Hahaha, sorry for the bad joke!
5. Are you the same person you were five years ago?
In many ways, I am still very similar to the man I was when I was 23. My conception of love or friendship, for instance, has not changed, and neither has my love for books. However, in these past five years I have moved to a different country and had a number of incredible experiences that have changed my view on life, as well as many other things.
6. How do you know you are not dreaming right now?
Because the spinning top stopped spinning </Inception reference>
7. What is the best dream you had that you want it to come true?
Are we talking about night-time dreams that we would like to see come true? Well… I could say, but it would be embarrassing *blush*
8. If you could time travel, where would you go? To the future or to the past?
The future, as far as I could go. Maybe—just maybe—if I travel 200 years into the future, I will finally see the last novel in A Song of Ice and Fire getting published!
9. If you could be any super hero or any famous person dead or alive for a day, who would you choose?
Donald Trump—then I would use that day to retire his candidacy for the presidency of the United States.
10. If you could choose to change something about this world, what would it be?
I would create temples devoted to books. Each genre would get its own religion: there would be The Fantasy Brotherhood, The Order of Historical Fiction, The Crime & Thrillers Inquisitorial Squad…
That was fun! Now it’s time to nominate people. Let’s see…
- Richard M. Ankers
- Sue Bridgwater
- Benita J. Prins
- The Orang-Utan Librarian
- By Hook or by Book
If you would like to accept this award, these are your questions:
1. What is your favourite literary genre?
2. What was the first book you can remember reading?
3. What book influenced your life the most?
4. Do you consider yourself a writer?
5. What do you like the most about being a blogger?
I’ll be looking forward to reading your answers!